Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pacita Abad

While channel surfing last week, I saw a 10 minute clip about the life and work of Pacita Abad. I have always been fascinated with her work, too bad I've never had a chance to actually see any of her paintings from up close despite practically living in an art gallery. I learned about Pacita Abad through a coffeetable book I saw lying around a few years back and was immediately captivated by her colors and her style.
Her art is really my kind of art: abstract, colorful, intricate and bursting at the seams with passion. One of my favorite local artists. It's funny how much she has in common with my other favorite artist, Nena Saguil (more on that later). Both females, both having done a considerable amount of work on just circles.

Anyway here's some of her work, be sure to check out her site also. "She is a volcano of color" (that bit taken from her website)


Self Portrait


Pink Sherbet from her Circles on My Mind series


Bright Spark

No comments:

Post a Comment