Wednesday, July 1, 2009

water color techniques and resources

Like I said, watercolor really is the best medium in my opinion. Better than acrylic and oil paints combined. The fluidity, and honesty of watercolor is truly an amazing thing. When I was in art school, I only brought with me a compact watercolor kit by Winsor & Newton and it was all I really needed. A few fine brushes and 8 basic colors. After discovering Geninne's Art Blog, I immediately felt the need to look up some watercolor techniques for further inspiration.
After googling for a little while I found this great site solely dedicated to watercolor and its many wonderful applications. A great resource filled with excellent tutorials for anyone who wants to give this medium a try. This site also has some advanced techniques and exercises for people who want to improve on their water coloring skills.



color grid exercise for beginners


alcohol texture for the more advanced user


wax resist

No comments:

Post a Comment